Are you preparing to recreate a new hairstyle from your favorite fashion magazine? Well, if yes then you might be interested in some tips related to it.
Whether it’s curling, straightening, or perming, you must bite the bullet of damage to carry the hairstyles created through them. But you know what? All this time, while doing so, you have been missing an important step and that is; not using a good heat protectant spray. Did you know that you can do anything with your hair if you have the best heat protectant spray? Well at first, we were also skeptical about using such types of products because we had almost believed that nothing can prevent the damage caused by hot irons. Fortunately, we came across some best heat protectant sprays that completely shifted our perception about them – more to a positive side.
Heat protectant is like sunscreen for your hair, if you don’t apply it before exposing your hair to heat, it will become dry, dull, and lifeless. Heat protectants ensure that your hair remains the same even after using different hairstyling tools no matter how many times. Therefore, we have brought light to some of the best heat protectant sprays in this article so that you can recreate all your favorite hairstyles without causing any harm to your hair.
Blow Dry Spray – Kenra Platinum
The Kenra Platinum blow dry spray is specially formulated to use before hair blow-drying. It minimizes the blow-drying time up to 50% which means 50% less damage. It is applied 10 minutes before the blow-drying starts, as it helps detangle hair and prepares them for the heat treatment. It gives heat protection to hair up to 428-degree F.
- It resists humidity.
- Keeps hair healthy.
- Prevents frizz.
- Gives heat protection up to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Minimizes hair drying time.
- Consists of a lightweight formula.
- Resist humidity
- Detangles and softens hair.
- Lasts long.
- Eliminates frizz to a great extent.
Heat Tamer Leave-in Spray – Tresemme Thermal Creation
This heat tamer leaves in spray by Tresemme safeguard against the damage caused by hot irons. Not only does it act as a heat protectant but also holds your hair for a long time. Be it a straightener, curling rod, or hairdryer, it protects your hair from the damage caused by any of them and keeps your hair shiny and smooth throughout.
- Its formula contains moisture-locking
- It increases hair flexibility.
- It gives salon-like results.
- Best for all hair type
- Provides heat protection up to 450 F.
- Holds hairstyles for a long time.
- Increases hair flexibility.
- Easy on pocket
- Softens hair.
Hot Sets 22 Thermal Mist – Redken
This Redken thermal mist prevents heat damage up to 450 F. Besides giving a lasting hold, it brings a subtle shine to hair and guards against frizz. It is a must-have product if you frequently do hairstyling as it is best known for its heat-protecting feature.
- Delivers best results when applied on damp hair.
- Give excellent results on all hair types.
- Circular shape black bottle, easy to grab.
- Protects from heat up to 450 F.
- Tames frizz.
- Feels light on the hair.
- Gives a non-sticky look.
- Hold hair until you wash it off.
- Leaves a shiny touch.
- You might experience a stiff residue on your hair after using it.
Restructuring Bond Repair Heat protectant – Alterna Caviar
This Altera Caviar’s product is a leave-in heat protectant spray that strengthens hair while protecting them from heat damage. Its sheathing formula creates a protective barrier on the hair strand and seals hair cuticles to prevent damage. This protective layer surrounds the hair strand and repairs them from extensive heat burn.
- Prevents split ends.
- Helps with hair styling.
- Detangles hair.
- Gives thermal protection up to 450 F.
- Softens your hair.
- Strengthens every hair strand.
- Reduces hair frizz.
- It reduces hair breakage.
- Pretty expensive
Heat Block Spray – Kenra Platinum
Kenra Platinum has an amazing range of heat protectants, formulated specifically for hair care. Their heat block spray is as equally flawless as their blow-dry spray. Its formula contains resins, sourced from bee propolis to provide unmatched results. Moreover, this spray works as a hairstyling product to hold finish and hair moisture for a long time. If you are tired of using ineffective products that don’t work on your silky-smooth hair, you better give this one a shot.
- Provides a firm hold to your hairstyles.
- Has a non-sticky formula.
- Provides heat protection up to 428 F.
- Take care of the flyaway.
- Minimizes hair frizz.
- Lasts long.
- Works best on fine hair
- Leaves residue on the scalp after some time
Heat Styling Spray – Living Proof Perfect Hair Day
The living-proof heat styling spray is loved by everyone due to its versatility and high heat-protecting power. While guarding against the heat burn, it brings a smooth shine to your hair. Its lightweight formula comprises patented healthy hair molecules that prevent it from giving a heavy hair feel.
- Its formula is non-greasy.
- Does not leave a sticky residue
- Gives the best results when applied to wet hair before styling.
- Resists heating up to 450 F.
- Does not cause hair to bend down.
- Safe to be applied on treated hair.
- Free of phthalate and parabens
- Free of silicones
- Cruelty-free product
- It has a strong fragrance that might not feel pleasing to everyone.
Protective Primer – Blow pro Heat is on
This protective primer introduced by Blow Pro consists of a pure protein-based formula that nourishes hair and safeguards against high temperatures. Due to its high hair strengthening properties, it is also called “liquid oxygen”. Buying this product is a wise decision if you wish to keep your hair strength intact.
- The protein-rich formula helps replenish hair moisture.
- Detangles hair effectively.
- Insulates hair with its thick formula.
- Seals the cuticles gently to protect hair.
- Makes heat styling easy.
- Restores shine.
- Sulfates free
- Parabens free
- Gives more control over the hair.
- Leaves no stiff or sticky residue.
- High price
Dry Heat Protectant Spray – Oscar Blandi
Oscar Blandi’s heat protectant spray is a dry solution to prevent thermal damage. It is a trusted product for beating the extensive heat of hairstyling appliances. Apart from minimizing damage, it gives a healthy glow to lifeless hair and restores its moisture from the core.
- It is a keratin-rich dry formula.
- Hold the style for a long time.
- Prevents hair breakage and dullness.
- Provides heat protection up to 450 F.
- Reduced hair fall.
- Restores hair strength.
- Imparts a fine shine.
- Nourishes hair to the core.
- Can cause hair dryness.
Thermal Protectant – Rene FurtereLissea
If you are struggling to style your unruly hair, try Rene FurtereLissea’s thermal protecting spray. You will be amazed to see how it manages your hair while guarding them against the artificial heat of styling tools. It is a leave-in formula that also helps to withstand humidity. Most importantly, it is effective in providing heat protection.
- Apply this on towel-dried hair for the best results.
- Contains a thermohair-softening effective complex to resist heat.
- Feathery formula – doesn’t feel heavy on the head.
- Provides heat protection up to 428 F
- Tames frizz.
- Smoothens hair.
- Brings a soft shine.
- Not suitable for all types of hair
Detangling and heat protecting milk – Leonor Greyl Paris
If you are fighting with frizzy thick hair, then this product might work well for you. This leave-in hair spray is specially designed to deal with dry and frizzy hair as it makes them manageable and set for styling. It contains some incredible hair-softening ingredients like plant extracts and botanic oils to make hair look nourished from inside and shiny from outside.
- Gives UV protection
- Adds volume to hair.
- Hydrates hair
- Best suited for thin hair
- Imparts shine.
- Makes hair manageable.
- Vegan product
- Silicone free
- Not pocket-friendly.
- May not work well on thick hair.
Thermal protecting and conditioning mist – Aveda
Aveda’s thermal protection top-rated mist apart from hydrating protects from thermal damage caused by an extensive amount of hairstyling. It covers every strand of hair to its core to prevent hair breakage. Its formula is rich in jojoba and sunflower seed oils which play a significant role in bringing shine and softness to your hair.
- Bears heat up to 450 degrees.
- 97% made from naturally derived ingredients.
- Synthetic fragrance-free
Heat Protectant – ghd BodyGuard
Designed by ghd stylists, this product has a distinctive heat prevention system that allows you to carelessly style your hair as you want. With the help of conditioning agents, this product ensures to deliver a sleek and smooth look every time. It is a light product that is fit for everyday hair styling.
- Contains ghd system of heat protection.
- Invisible like lightweight formula
- Protects regular styling.
- Gives salon-like
- Perfect for all kinds of hairstyling
- Improves hair smoothness.
- Pleasant fragrance
- Results may vary from person to person.
These are a few recommendations for the best heat protectant spray that is easily available at every local store. Try them out and keep styling your hair fearlessly. For the best results, follow the application instructions written on the box.