If you have long hair and want some great curls to turn heads in a party, then you might know how difficult it is. You might be able to get the perfect beach waves, but straining your arm till your elbow hurts. This is something many of us can relate to; the struggle of using a curling iron? The distress is real when despite all efforts, one still fails to achieve the desired look.
We present a solution to this problem by listing down the best curling wands for long hair. However, it is important to discuss the difference between a curling wand and a curling iron before we move on. Whereas the iron is a mainstream product that helps create typical curls, the wand is an advancement that allows one to achieve a more versatile look via different types of wavy hairstyles. Also, the curling wand is comparatively easier to use.
GHD Curve Creative Curl Wand
This one is our favorite because it protects the hair from heat damage along with providing excellent results. Its unique, patented technology allows temperature to be constant throughout the barrel. The taper itself is so slight that it lets the dream of creating various types of curls using a single product come true. The best part is that this curling wand takes only twenty-five seconds to heat up so you can start styling your hair almost instantly.
Furthermore, the product also focuses on safety. It comes with an in-built stand on which it can be placed. Also, sleep mode is automatically activated if the product is not used till 30 minutes. It can work at a universal voltage, which makes it an even more desirable option to carry while travelling.
- 23-28 mm tapered barrel allows creating different types of waves and curls.
- “Press and hold” design prevents the user from accidentally turning it on or off. Also, each mode is indicated via specific lighting and sound.
- Tri-zone technology results in even heat that allows the curls to set perfectly and last longer.
- Advanced ceramic coating results in hair that is smooth even after curling and styling.
- Comes with a guarantee of up to 2 years
- Long cord allows for flexible use and easy styling
- The in-built safety stand provides a platform to place the wand on
- The high price might not be affordable for everyone.
Remington Pro 1″-1.5″ Pearl Ceramic Conical Curling Wand
Long hair does not necessarily mean healthy hair. This curling wand is one of the best options for those whose hair strands are thin and break easily. Reason being that it is a ceramic product and ceramic is known for minimizing damage to the hair by emitting ions that are negatively charged.
Besides, unlike the GHD Curve Creative Curl Wand, it is reasonably priced and hence a more affordable option for the masses. Still, the curls it creates are long-lasting.
Also, it can heat up to 410 degrees Fahrenheit within half a minute. This is the same temperature used for styling hair in salons. Thus, it allows thicker hair to set easily and stay intact for a significant amount of time. The heat resistant glove that comes along with Remington’s Pearl Ceramic Conical Curling Wand is an attractive add-on that protects the user’s hand from accidental burns.
- A digital display featuring the temperature.
- 3 control buttons; one for turning the wand on/off, while the other two for adjusting the temperature.
- Once the pre-set level of heat has been attained, the temperature is locked so as to ensure that heat is generated evenly all across.
- It has a funnel-shaped barrel, the taper of which allows hair near the roots to be easily curled and that too, in such a way that the resulting look appears to be pretty natural.
- 4-years warranty
- Extremely affordable
- Results are so good that they last till the next day
- When subject to heat during use of this wand, hair does not produce a “burning” smell
- The cord is too short.
- Results are not as great for short hair as they are in case of long hair.
Dyson Airwrap Styler
If you are looking for a multi-purpose hair styling tool, then Dyson Airwrap is the answer. Those who loathe at the thought of waiting till their hair dries before using the curling wand or iron, will definitely be pleased to find out that this product curls and dries the hair at the same time.
The product is boxed with multiple attachments including flat and round brushes, a blow-drying nozzle and curling iron barrels.
The most amusing fact is that you don’t need to use your hands while styling with this tool. Reason being that its advanced technology uses air to create a pull and wrap hair around the barrel automatically.
- Dyson Airwrap Styler comes with six different attachments.
- It has a heat sensor that records the temperature every 40 seconds in order to minimize risk of damage.
- It comes with a storage case that helps keep the product and all its components organized and safe.
- Works well on all hair types
- Serves multiple functions
- Saves time
- Very expensive
Bio Ionic Eternity Wand
If your hair is damaged but you still can’t resist creating those desired curls and waves, Bio Ionic Eternity would be your best bet.
It is no secret that heat causes damage to the hair, but this product minimizes the harmful effect via its “Bio Ionic Moisturizing Heat”. Furthermore, the barrel is made up of a combination of different volcanic rocks. This allows moisture to be trapped in hair and the cuticles to be sealed.
- A digital temperature gauge
- 9 feet long cord
- Heat can be adjusted as per requirement
- Bio Ionic Moisturizing Heat
- Volcanic MX
- 1 year warranty
- Distributes heat evenly
- Provides quick results
T3 Micro Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand
If you are someone who struggles to create curls of varying thickness with a single styling wand, this product seems to be an answer to your prayers. It comes with 3 barrels that can be replaced with each other and serve the following different functions:
- Voluminous curves
- Loose curls
- Has 3 different barrels
- Allows multiple heat settings
- Can function at universal voltage
- Creates different hairstyles
- Gives long lasting results
- Heats up in no time
- High price
- Sometimes hair strands can get caught in the wand’s tip.
- The power button can accidentally be pressed and there is no barrier to prevent that.
We hope our list of the best curling wands for long hair will prove to be useful to those who are considering a purchase.