If you face frequent skin breakouts, you’d know how difficult it is to find the right makeup products that won’t leave your face overly coated and worst of all with a set of new acne marks. Acne is part of the growing-up process and more often than not, girls are faced with the dilemma of choosing the “right” products that will suit their skin.
Hence, if your skin is sensitive, your best bet would be to toss traditional foundations out and incorporate mineral foundations into your makeup regime. Outlined below are some of the best mineral makeup for acne prone skin.
Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact SPF 50+
Made with the best quality ingredients, the Amore Pacific Color Control is the epitome of mineral foundations. The CC cream formula is lightweight, buildable, and possesses stellar color correcting abilities. It is undoubtedly one of the best mineral makeup for acne-prone skin as the texture of Amore’s foundation not only keeps the face hydrated but also adds a luminous finish. Compact and portable, the foundation can fit in the compartment of your purse or wallet.
- Comprises 9.80% Zinc oxide and 4.15% Titanium dioxide, which offers better UVA protection.
- Silicone is an integral ingredient, which allows the foundation application to be smoother and crease-free.
- Serves a twofold purpose; is a foundation and a sunscreen
- Comes with a unique, sponge-like applicator
- Does not clog pores
- Keeps face hydrated and fresh
- The formula is lightweight and easily blendable
- Gives a natural, dewy finish
- Provides medium to little coverage
- Is a little pricier as compared to other foundations
- Consistency is a little thin, so it may become messy
L’oreal Paris True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation
L’oreal’s take on this foundation certainly falls on the list of best mineral makeup for acne-prone skin. Easily available throughout the country, L’oreal’s powder pressed foundation is the best of its kind. For girls battling acne, this is undoubtedly one of the best matches available in the market. From concealing fine lines and wrinkles to evenly toning the skin, this product is a must-have on your to-buy list.
- A blend of 100% preservative and fragrance-free minerals in the mix
- Comes with a handy powder brush to give you the right finish
- Has SPF 19 as an ingredient that serves effective protection in the sun
- Offers a range of different shades to find you the perfect True-match
- Reduces the appearance of pores
- Effectively reduces the extra- shine on the face
- Can achieve the desired level of coverage as per your will
- Gives your face a natural matte look
- Won’t work as a concealer for dark under-eyes
- Needs to be set with an additional powder during the Summer season
- Requires two shades- one light and the other slightly darker as the weather shifts
Bare Minerals Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF 15
Bare Minerals is popularly viewed as the pioneer of mineral foundation. Hence, it is no surprise to see the brand’s original loose powder in the list of best mineral makeup for acne prone skin. Available in a variety of different shades, this mineral foundation can be a great substitute for your traditional foundations. Bare Minerals powder-based foundation is easy to blend and build up whether you want light coverage for the day, or a heavy look for the night, this dandy product is exactly what you need in your vanity.
- 100% vegan mineral foundation
- A concoction of only 5 natural ingredients
- Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide components that ensure mineral-based sun protection
- Available in 30 different shades
- Buildable coverage- from light to medium to heavy
- A luminous finish
- Does not cause any fine lines
- Does not cause any breakouts
- Takes time to buff into the skin
- May not look radiant without the use of a primer/tinted moisturizer
- Coverage may not be that effective unless built up very well
Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation
Tarte has curated its unique formula for this foundation. Made with real Amazonian clay and gemstone tourmaline, this powder redefines the meaning of coverage for you. Not only does it take away the extra oiliness of your face, but also makes you look much fresher than before. Just a few drops of Tarte’s magic in a box would suffice to make you look beautiful throughout the day.
- Made from the best ingredients, including the authentic Amazonian Clay
- Powder allows a heavy coverage
- Infused with several real mineral-rich components
- Super soft, smooth powder
- Delivers healthy, youthful skin
- Blends seamlessly across the face
- Covers all blemishes and dark spots
- Hides pores and other visible fine lines
- Comes without any added scent
- A little on the pricier end
Jane Iredale Liquid Mineral Foundation
One of the best liquid foundations, it is known to provide exceptional results and thus, it makes a spot for itself on our list of best mineral makeup for acne prone skin. More like a hybrid between serum and foundation, this product is like a breath of fresh air for your skin. It not only ensures full coverage but also keeps your skin hydrated throughout the day. If your skin is sensitive and known to breakouts, the Jane Iredale Liquid Foundation is like your holy grail.
- A lightweight formula that glides easily onto the skin
- 100% vegan and cruelty-free
- Unique packaging with liposomes binds the ingredients in place
- No synthetic preservatives or fragrances involved in the making of the product
- Gives your skin the hydration it needs
- The unique blend of ingredients does not lead to breakouts
- The perfect consistency- easily blendable on the skin
- Adds a fresh, natural glow to the skin
- Limited variety in shades
- Does not reduce fine lines as effectively
These were just a few of the best mineral makeup for acne prone skin. If you have problems finding the perfect foundation that not only covers your blemishes but also doesn’t lead to break-outs, this list should be of good use to you. When you’re out shopping for your new buy, keep in mind that every foundation will not work for each person. Hence, make sure to assess your skin type and past experiences which will help in picking the best product for yourself.