One of the most common forms of acne, blackheads are formed when your pores become clogged by dead skin cells and excess oil.
Just like a bad memory that keeps resurfacing, blackheads tend to remerge even after they are plucked out. And so, begins the cycle of testing home remedies; one after the other, anything to remove the horrid spots from the face. However, these centuries old remedies aren’t safe for the skin.
Instead of concocting different herbal potions together, you can go for dermatologically tested blackhead removers. Here is a list of some of the best treatments for blackheads.
Glossier follows a classic skin care approach to magnify beauty through a multi benefit formula. It is the brand’s first attempt at creating an exfoliator that takes the best of acids into making. It is by far one of the best treatments for blackheads as it guarantees to improve the texture of your skin, all in a span of four weeks. Not only does it extract the blackheads from your face, but also gives your face a renewed, radiant glow.
- A unique blend of AHA’s, BHA’s and PHA’s
- 5% of salicylic acid, which unclogs pores
- Made of anti-stress complex with soothing properties
- Has a thin, watery texture
- Contains a subtle fragrance
- Helps reduce blackheads by unclogging pores
- Improves skin texture overall
- Is lightweight, so your skin won’t feel too heavy
- Reduces appearance of black spots
- Easy on the pocket
- Increases your sensitivity to the sun
- Can’t use it along with other acids simultaneously
- Leaves a slight residue behind when applied
Umbrian Clay Purifying Face Mask by Fresh
A perfect blend of ingredients, Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask is an ideal solution for extracting blackheads. The best part about the mask? It serves as an ideal fix for normal and oily skin types. With a significantly high mineral content, the mask offers an all-in-one solution for skin dullness, clogged pores and uneven skin tones.
- Made of unique umbrian clay from Italy
- Consists of lavender water to soothe skin
- Sandalwood oil helps calm skin
- Offers a deep cleansing experience
- Consistency is smooth and easy to apply
- Clarifies and hydrates skin within 5 minutes
- Takes away all impurities from the face
- No harmful ingredients involved in the making
- Clay mask falls on the pricier end
- Does not brighten up face
- Can cause irritation to sensitive skin
The Ordinary’s Lactic Acid 10% + HA
Far from being an ordinary acid, The Ordinary makes it to the list of best treatment for blackheads. Lactic acid is a unique concoction, which has more similarities to that of a peeling solution than a normal cleanser. However, it does its job equally well and clears up blackheads within a few uses. Apart from extracting the spots from your face, lactic acid also helps in giving skin a boost. If you ever feel your skin becoming too dull, a few drops of lactic acid will solve your problem in no time.
- Made of a unique chemical exfoliant
- Has larger molecules than AHA
- Contains hyaluronic acid which moisturizes the skin
- Has a thin consistency
- Reduces skin discoloration
- Exfoliates dead skin cells
- Thin texture allows the product to spread easily
- Leaves a subtle glow on the face
- Skin feels incredibly soft and smooth
- Very easy on the pocket
- Makes your skin sun-sensitive
- May cause burning or irritation if skin is sensitive
- Blackheads will take time to go away
Origins’ Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay
Using Origins’ Rose Clay Mask is like giving your face the relaxation it truly deserves. Made with rose clay, willow herb and jojoba bead, this mask easily removes blackheads from your face. It is by far one of the best treatments for blackheads till date. Origins’ Rose Mask is not just a pure mask, but also a chemical exfoliant that removes all the impurities from your face. One or two uses later, your skin will feel brand new.
- Primary ingredients are exfoliating jojoba bead and Canadian willow herb
- A deep exfoliating clay mask
- Has a subtle scent
- Boosts skin quality
- Has the perfect consistency
- Leaves the skin blemish free
- Reduces the prominent pores
- Extracts all impurities from face
- Provides instant results
- The post mask glow doesn’t last for too long
- Does not deep cleanse your face entirely
- May not suit all skin types
HydroPeptide’s 5X Power Peel
HydroPeptide offers a slightly different way to solve your blackheads problem. With its exclusive 5x Power Peel pads, it is one of the best treatments for blackheads. A mixture of the right acids, this peel pad is the friend you need in life. Apart from clarifying your face, the peel pads also smoothen away any wrinkles or fine lines that were overshadowing your skin. Using these two to three times in a week guarantees a set of remarkable results; your skin will feel clear, fresh and an instant glow would be all over your face.
- Does not have any added artificial fragrance
- Has a retinoic like peptide which accelerates skin brightening
- Anti-redness peptide that reduces irritation
- Antioxidant red and green tea which smoothes skin
- Reduces appearance of wrinkles and age lines
- Extracts the dirt and blackheads from face
- Brightens up your face
- Leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft
- Dries skin out if not used properly
- Maybe a strong product for sensitive skin
- Is a little expensive as compared to other solutions
If you want to bid adieu to your blackheads, you can try some of the options highlighted above. Blackheads may look extremely unappealing on the face, but it is imperative that those spots aren’t extracted with any home remedies. These solutions are mostly passed by ancestors and aren’t very safe for the skin in the long run.
We have handpicked the best treatments for blackheads for you in this excerpt. However, please take note that your skin may not accept each and every product. In this regard, we recommend you to weigh the pros and cons of each product in relation to your own skin, before making a final pick. Happy shopping!