Dark underarms are a nightmare to women. Are dark underarms the main reason for not going swimming or wearing your favorite sleeveless shirt? Whatever the problems from which we suffer in our daily lives we also get the solution to those problems. However, moving onto the causes and remedies that help you discolor your underarms, you might often think whether bleaching your armpit would be an effective solution for it? Bleaching armpit can be a remedy but you can get yourself covered with homemade remedies! Let’s dig into the guide to enlighten the causes and homemade remedies for dark armpits.
What’s in the guide?
- What are the causes of dark armpits?
- Miraculous Beauty Remedies for dark armpits
- Tomato Juice
- Slice of Lemon
- Few protips
- Final Verdict
What are the causes of dark armpits?
Bleaching armpits can be an uphill task, but the question is what are the causes behind dark armpits? Dead cells frequently gather there in the underarm part resulting in blackness. These dead cells are a result of non-exposure of the skin in that particular area.
Many of us have used skincare products that have chemicals in them that we are not aware of. Deodorants are a perfect example of anything that reacts only with our skin and causes discoloration. Acanthosis Nigricans is often a medical disorder that affects people who are obese or unhealthy. This can happen to people who have thyroid gland problems due to which a thick layer is generated underneath the arms and would not go that easily.
Some of the main causes of dark armpits being darker are discussed below:
- Acanthosis nigricans (often a symptom of hormonal abnormal levels, diabetes, or obesity)
- Accumulation of dead skin cells (lack of exfoliation)
- Addison’s disease (damage of adrenal gland)
- Antiperspirants and deodorants (irritation from chemicals)
- Erythrasma (infection of bacteria)
- Friction (tighten clothes)
- Hyperpigmentation(increased melanin)
- Melasma (patches of dark spots on the skin)
- Shaving (abrasion and irritation)
- Smoker’s melanosis (smokes causes hyperpigmentation)
Miraculous beauty remedies for dark armpits
Here are some top-listed remedies which can help in getting rid of the dark underarms and helps in attaining even skin tone. Before exploring those remedies, let’s dig into few steps which can help in resolving the problems of lightning armpits:
- Switch deodorant/antiperspirant brands. Some people use baking soda and also apple cider vinegar as a natural remedy. Some individuals do not use deodorant at all.
- Do not shave! Wax or laser treatment for hair removal are two options for certain individuals.
- Exfoliate. Some people exfoliate their skin twice or 3 times each week with a body scrub or a facial exfoliant.
- Dress in loose-fitting clothing.
- Quit smoking.
Below are some home cures for getting treatment of dark underarms;
There is an underarm area, fresh tomato is highly good at whitening the skin. This also improves the reduction of sweating, which seems to be a significant cause of skin darkening. Tomato juice has bleaching qualities that will help to gently reduce armpit darkness. Here are the few steps which can help you get rid of the dark armpits.
- Step 1: Daily Massage a fresh tomato into your underarms.
- Step 2: It will be great if you reply to the tomato juice before sleeping.
If you are fond of milk then you will love this remedy! For treating the dark armpits, you can massage the underarm area with the milk that helps in lightening the skin tone. The milk extract is regarded as a great moisturizer and helps in providing brighter and soft skin. We don’t recommend going full Cleopatra and bathing in swimming pools of milk, however, we do suggest using a small number of teaspoons for some of its skin whitening and hydrating effects. Follow the steps listed below,
- Step 1: Combine three teaspoons of milk within some gram flour.
- Step 2: Prepare a mixture with a sprinkle of turmeric.
- Step 3: Apply the mixture and cleanse for at least 10 minutes before letting it dry.
- Step 4: Wash and dry thoroughly with cold water.
- Step 5: Do it 3 times per week.
Yogurt, which is strong in essential elements, is proven to remove bacterial remnants that have formed mostly on skin. As a result, it continues to bleach the skin, giving it a softer color while also moisturizing it. It destroys odor-causing microorganisms and eliminates poor hygiene. Follow this step by step procedure,
- Step 1: Make a paste with yogurt and a few tablespoons of honey (a strong bleaching agent).
- Step 2 – Apply to the underarms softly and massage into the crevices.
- Step 3 – Rinse, wipe, and continue three times every week.
Turmeric has become an important beauty agent that improves our skin in a variety of ways, alongside to being a delicious Asian spice. It includes curcumin, an antioxidant that improves the lightening of the complexion within the underarm area. Turmeric is widely regarded as among the most efficient organic skin lightening solutions.
You can opt for the following steps to lighten your affected area;
- Step 1: Create a solution with turmeric and lemon juice.
- Step 2: Massage it all to the area affected.
- Step 3: Leave this on for 12-15 minutes.
- Step 4: Cleanse it off. Get immediate results.
Slice of Lemon
Lemons are sour and help to remove dead cells from the body. Their bleaching abilities brighten the underarms as well.
- Step 1: Slice a lemon in pieces and soak this in sugar
- Step 2: For two minutes, massage the pieces on your underarms. Severe stinging and irritation may occur.
- Step 3: Let it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
Here are some additional protips which might help you treat dark armpits;
- Rather than shaving your underarms, wax them. Waxing minimizes the production of dense hair within areas and lightens the skin complexion.
- Maintain a healthy weight although being excessive is the main cause of severe discoloration.
- Avoid applying hair removal products since they contain hazardous chemicals that disrupt the skin’s normal order.
- Remember to take a shower at least once a day to avoid unnecessary sweating.
- Maintain good cleanliness and you won’t have to be concerned regarding dark underarms.
Bleaching armpits is a personal choice that shouldn’t be made that lightly. Using homemade remedies can be the ultimate solution to your problem. If the problem persists, then you can also consult with a doctor regarding certain underarm whitening options.