You can now make a facial toner for yourself at home. The homemade facial toner is much more economical when you compare it with the ones available on the marketplace. This is true. Thanks to the Do It Yourself (DIY) approach. In this article, we will provide you with guidelines as to you can make a homemade facial toner for yourself.
The different types of facial toners
We all have different types of skins. Therefore, there is no single facial toner that suits all the skins. You can have a:
- Normal skin
- Dry skin
- Oily skin
- Combination skin
- Sensitive skin
Therefore, you must use the facial toner that suits your skin. If you have oily skin, you must avoid using facial toners that contain a high percentage of oil. If you have dry skin, you should not use a dry facial toner.
What do toners do
Some of the facial toners are transparent, and some toners have a yellowish transparent look. If you apply a toner to your face, it will:
- clean your face: It cleans the pores, and any hair follicles pocket that are open. The toner cleans away the dead cells.
- Toners prepare the skin for other cosmetic or moisturizing products. After applying a facial toner, you can use other moisturizers to hydrate your skin.
- Toners also nourish the skin
- It replenishes the outer lipid layer that might have been scrubbed away
- It restores the pH level of the skin
Learning how to make your own toner for your face
Here, we will guide you as to how you can make a facial toner for yourself. But first, you must take the following considerations into account.
Note down the following points
- Use fresh and natural products
- Remember that you cannot store your homemade toner for more than 2 to 3 days
- Keep the liquid in a well-cleaned glass container. The ingredients in it might affect a plastic container
- Always keep such liquids in a cool, dark place
The ingredients to make a toner
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has anti-fungus, anti-bacteria,l, and anti-viral properties. It is an acid, and you must dilute it, before using it. Otherwise, it can damage the skin.
- You will need apple cider vinegar, filtered water, and essential oils (a few drops)
- To make the toner for normal, dry, or oily skin; mix one part vinegar and two parts water
- To make the toner for sensitive skin; mix one part vinegar and four parts water
- Add the essential oils
- Apply this toner twice a day to your face
This homemade facial toner is one of the most famous that is used by people all over the world.
There are other types of homemade facial toners besides apple cider vinegar. A DIY homemade facial toner helps you keep your face glowing and shiny.