People are often on the lookout for the best derma roller for acne scars, but this skincare device can also be used to reduce signs of aging as well as rejuvenate your skin. Since the market is filled with different brands, sometimes it gets a tad bit difficult to find the best derma roller for acne scars that suits your needs and budget.
What is a derma roller and how does it work?
Micro needling, also known as collagen or derma rolling induction therapy, is a cosmetic procedure that involves the insertion of thousands of small needles into the skin’s surface using a pressing or rolling equipment.
Derma rolling helps by inducing collagen production formation by causing small wounds. Collagen, the far more prevalent protein inside the human body, is important for binding fibrous tissue such as cartilage, muscles, bones, skin and tendons.
You may wonder how come inserting hundreds of tiny needles in your face is relaxing. People who never tried a derma roller before even go to the extreme and think why would anybody want to use it. But this is just a misperception, which you can easily disregard by using the product yourself. The best derma roller for acne scars will smooth out the appearance of your skin by filling in wrinkles, scars and fine lines. If you manage to get your hands on the best derma roller for acne scars after reading this article, then you will see the following benefits:
- Reduced wrinkles and stretch marks
- Acne scars and skin pigmentation are lessened
- Increased thickness of the skin
- Regeneration of the face
- Better absorption of the product
Micro-needling may be the answer for anyone looking for a way to resolve these issues at home. Here’s all you really need to identify about this incredible procedure.
8 ways to use derma roller
Derma roller should be sterilized
Leave your derma roller to soak in 70% isopropyl alcohol for 5 to 10 minutes to sterilize it.
Clean your face
Use a gentle pH-balanced cleanser to wash your face thoroughly. If you are going to use a derma roller with needles longer than 0.5 mm, you also need to clean your face with 70% isopropyl alcohol.
Use numbing cream (if necessary)
You may need to use an anesthetic cream depending on your pain tolerance. Therefore, anything longer than 1.0 mm will require numbing cream, as that needle length will cause pain via precise bleeding.
If you are going to use numbing cream, make sure you follow the manufacturer’s direction and clean it off entirely before you start to roll. A great alternative is Numb Master Cream 5 percent Lidocaine ($18.97).
Start derma rolling
The method is critical, so pay attention. Split your face into four different portions, which you can do by drawing a cross shape on your face. The partitioning makes derma rolling easier.
Use Water to clean your face
Rinse your face with water just after you have finished micro needling.
Keep Your derma roller clean
Dishwasher soap can be used to clean your derma roller. In a plastic container, make a soapy water mix and rapidly swish it towards the roller, ensuring it doesn’t strike the ends. As alcohol doesn’t dissolve the proteins found in blood and skin, we use detergents like dish soap right after rolling.
Sanitize Your roller
Take 10 minutes for your derma roller to soak in 70% isopropyl alcohol to disinfect it once more. Place it back in its case and store it in a safe place.
Maintain Your standard skin-care treatment plan
Apply a basic skincare routine after derma rolling. That implies no chemical exfoliants or active chemicals like salicylic acid, tretinoin, benzoyl peroxide or other similar substances.
The Top Best Derma Rollers for Acne Scars
The best derma rollers for acne scars, face brightening, wrinkles and stretch marks which will help you get healthier skin are mentioned below:
Ora face microneedle dermal roller system
The ORA Microneedle Face Roller System eliminates the anxiety of hundreds of needles rolling across your face. The 0.5 millimeter needles slide over your skin softly, causing micro scratches that activate collagen production. As the collagen increases it soothes and plumps your skin whereas you will notice reduction in acne scars and wrinkles. This painless device may substantially transform the appearance and feel of your skin complexion in minutes and it’s perfect for uneven color and texture.
- Improves the absorption of oils, serums, and moisturizers
- Promotes healthy hair and prevents hair loss by enhancing scalp circulation
- When used on the body, it reduces the appearance of scars and stretch marks
- It cannot be directly used on the sensitive skin
- It has to be replaced after a few months.
Sdara skincare microneedle derma roller
If you are worried about huge pores or wrinkles, then the Microneedle Derma Roller from Sdara Skincare is what you need. It offers a luminous, youthfully bright, and healthy-looking skin. Its 0.25mm micro needle length involves forceful yet precise pressure to give the best results while reducing discomfort.
- This derma roller will offer you a gorgeous look if you use it correctly
- It is inexpensive and simple to obtain
- It gives the skin a perfect glow
- It can only be used on the neck and face
Due to high demand, it’s availability is an issue
Ora gold deluxe microneedle dermal roller system
The ORA Gold Deluxe Microneedle Dermal Roller System with its 0.25mm needles eliminates your fears of hundreds of needles rolling through your face. Its 0.25 millimeter needles slide smoothly over your skin, puncturing it and alerting your skin to generate collagen. While the collagen resurfaces, it soothes your skin and reduces spots, wrinkles, big pores, and fine lines. This hand-held device may substantially enhance the appearance and feel of your skin in minutes and is ideal for irregular complexions.
- Fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, and other issues can all be reduced with this product
- Helps to reduce the appearance of poor skin texture and color, as well as rejuvenate your skin
- When compared to applying beauty products by hand, the needles contribute in generating micro channels in the skin, which helps to boost absorption and penetration of skincare products by up to 20 times
- It is an expensive derma roller
- For noticeable results, you have to use it for 2-3 months
Stacked skincare micro roller
Stacked Skincare’s micro roller is best for removing dead skin, pores, acne scars and fine lines. It is narrower, so that it can be used easily on the face. Its needles are 0.2 mm and have been approved by the FDA for its painless micro needling.
- This micro roller can gently be rolled over the skin diagonally, vertically and horizontally
- It is developed by the expert aesthetician Kerry Benjamin
- It does not offer a painless procedure
Thapink Derma Roller
Thapink’s derma roller is ideal for reducing acne scars and stretch marks. It aids in producing collagen which gives you smoother and firmer skin. The derma roller is an incredible asset to any skincare routine. This is a renowned roller among those who prefer at-home skin treatment.
- The derma roller can be used on a variety of skin types
- You can use it whenever you want with ease and comfort
- Using this derma roller is easier and less expensive than paying for pricey spa treatments
- Cannot be used on the lips
- It must be used safely because it can cause some serious cuts