Whether you are a nail art person who loves to draw and play with colors or a person who likes to stick to the classic monochrome colors, you will agree that finding the best nail polish can be challenging. According to a recent survey, 70% of the people love to paint their nails at home.
If you too want your DIY manicure to look good and last long then along with some application expertise you need to have the best nail polish for yourself. Certainly, the market is full of hundreds of nail polish formulas, but some nail polish are better than others. Therefore, to identify the best nail polish brands out there, we tested more than 40 different brands and narrowed them down to just 9. The most important criteria for choosing the best nail polish were its dry time, longevity, shine, texture, and pigmentation. Also, we checked diligently for their brush applications that whether they are easy to use or not, if it glides on the nail easily, and lastly if something goes wrong, is it easily removable.
Sheer Enamel Nail Polish – Essie
Essie is one of the top-rated brands for nail colors by the testers, experts, and consumers. It has a glossy texture that brings a subtle shine to nails. It comes in both kinds of shades, bold and light. The customers love its ease of application and the ability to get removed easily. The best part is, it does not leave any yellow stains after removal.
- Comes in a vast variety of shades
- Smooth texture
- Available on Amazon for just $7.55
- Easy application
- Chip resistance
- Shiny texture – remains throughout the wear time.
Newyork Color Show Nail Lacquer – Maybelline
If you are not a person who invests a lot in nail colors then maybe you should try this one. This Maybelline’s product is affordable and lasts longer than any other drug store nail paint. This product is ideal for people who get involved in sports, planting, sculpting, pot-scrubbing, etc. Even after performing such activities, if you check your nail paint it will be exactly as if it was just applied.
- Shiny texture
- Wear time – 6 to 6.5 days without a base.
- Available at Walmart for $7.79
- Very long-lasting
- Tied with top brands in quality
- Comes in 40 unique shades
Requires 2 coats to bring out the color
Miracle Gel – Sally Henson
Miracle Gel by Sally Henson is one of the best options available out there, which rivals salon-like nail paint results. Its innovative miracle gel formula does not require the usual light to cure. According to customer reviews, the gel has fast-drying properties, chipped less, and lasts longer than a usual nail paint. It offers highly pigmented colors with fabulous textures.
- It comes in 40 shades
- Available at Acom for $9.99
- Deep colors are extra pigmented
- Salon like gel shine
- Vibrant colors
Does not last more than 2 weeks
Nail Lacquer – OPI
This OPI Nail Lacquer gives truly outstanding results when it gets dry. The average time it takes to dry is a minute or two. The brand scored well on giving perfect coverage. You will be surprised to know; it does not require 2 coats to bring out the color.
- The formula is free of toxins
- Fast-drying capability
- Easily available on Amazon
- Easy to apply
- Available in bold shades as well
- Longevity is less than Essie’s nail paint
Outlast Stay Brilliant – CoverGirl
CoverGirl has a good drugstore brand image. Not only are their concealers popular, but their nail paints are also one of a kind. Its nail polish was scored highest in chip resistance. It leaves a smooth finish on nails right after the application.
- It comes in neon, metallic, pastels, glitters, and neutral colors
- It has an opaque formula that is not too thick
- Comes with a normal-sized brush
- Lasts longer than 6 days
- Easy to apply
- Great quantity
- Color changes slightly over time
Toxin Free Nail Polish – Cote
Cote nail paints are very much liked due to their super-fast drying power. The nail polish gives you a light shine on nails before the final coating. The colors are nicely pigmented and form a smooth texture on nails.
- 4 oz per bottle
- Made in the USA.
- Available at Amazon for $24.46
- Free of major toxins like formaldehyde resins, DBP, TPHP, etc.
- Quite pricey for nail polish
Nail Lacquer – Paint Box
Paint Box’s nail paints are widely known for their vast variety of colors. If you don’t find any nail paint color, head towards this brand and you will find everything you want. They also come in custom-matched “power couples” of colors that perfectly complement each other.
- Comes in a variety of soft shades mostly
- Perfect shades for manicure and pedicure
- Available for $22
- Mix and match colors
- Comes in a bundle
Nail Polish – Olive and June
Looking for the best nail polish for home manicures? Try Olive and June’s nail colors and you will not regret it. Whenever it is applied, it lasts until you remove it yourself. Its fanned-out brush shape makes the application smooth and easy.
- The kit comes with the “poppy” for easy application
- Polish line includes pale colors, medium shades, deep tones, and metallics
- Perfect-sized brushes to fill the corners
- Impressive fluidity of the formula
- Glides on nails easily without forming streaks
- It is not chip-free
No.17 – Sundays
This nail paint works best for home manicure sessions. The brand is best known for its manicure kits which give salon-like results.
- Opaque formula
- Doesn’t leave a streaky finish
- Do not chip easily
- Require more than one coat to bring out the color perfectly.
With summers around the corner, girls are on a hunt for cool nail colors. The ones we have listed are the best nail polish with an amazing range of colors. These shades will make your warm summers cooler for sure.