Essential oil is an integral part of women’s makeup routine. In this article, we will introduce you to some of the best essential oils, and provide you information about how are they made. We will also inform you about the different types of oils and their specific benefits. And lastly, you will also get to know about the essential oils for skin tightening.
What are essential oils?
In simple terms, essential oils are products that contain concentrated plant extracts.
The specific aromatic chemicals are obtained from a plant via either distillation or cold pressing. These chemicals are obtained in raw form, but they still have the aromatic scent and flavor. Before, using an essential oil on your skin, you must mix it with another type of oil. Only then the essential oil is considered ready for use. These other oils are called carrier oils.
There are many carrier oils available on the marketplace. They are used to dilute essential oils. They have their own therapeutic properties, and some have a strong aroma. Regular edible cooking oil is a simple type of carrier oil. Some of the important carrier oils are coconut oil, jojoba oil, apricot kernel oil, almond oil, and olive oil, etc.
Essential oils counter anxiety, headaches, nausea, stomach problems, skin inflammation, anxiety, stress, and insomnia. They boost the mood/energy levels too. If you do have a serious health issue, consult your doctor first, before using any essential oils.
- Ylang-Ylang: This oil is used to treat nausea, headaches, and skin irritations
- Cinnamon: It is great for focus. Negates frustrating thoughts
- Bergamot Oil: It reduces stress levels. It is also used for various skin conditions
- Tea Tree: It is used to treat skin infections and to increase immunity
- Sandalwood Oil: It helps in relieving stress
- Lemon Oil Extract: The aroma of this oil controls mood swings
The best essential oil for skin tightening
Essential oils can help you reduce your wrinkles, and clean pores, while keeping the skin fresh. With age, facial skin cells do not reproduce fast enough. The skin also loses its elasticity due to a lack of sebum (oil) production. This produces wrinkles. The skin areas most affected are around the eyes, mouth, and forehead.
We have mentioned some of the best oils that you can use to cover up your wrinkles.
- Lemon: Lemon oil is the best option for you if you have oily skin. It is a natural skin toner that contains Vitamin C. It is one of the best essential oils you can use to tighten your facial skin
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood oil is a good skin tightening essential oil. If you have dry skin, you must use the essential oil, extracted from the sandalwood. This oil moisturizes and tightens the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Clary sage: This essential oil has antioxidant properties. It protects the cells in the skin and soothes the face
- Pomegranate: This essential oil is best for scars, creases, and any type of stretch marks. It counters inflammations and cancer cells.
- Carrot seed oil: This essential oil purifies and cleans the skin. It is good for mature skin.
There are many essential oils available on the marketplace. It’s important to know what type of skin you have when choosing an essential oil for skin tightening reasons. Do remember that the facial skin is thin; especially the lips, they can get damaged easily. It is better to always use the right natural products the right way.