Wearing the right lipstick has the power to make you feel beautiful, confident, and look good especially to those who are over 50. Lipstick is for sure the most powerful tool in a women’s beauty arsenal. Certainly, eyes are the most prominent feature of your face but after them, it is the lips that make your face look attractive. Applying unique and vibrant colors makes them more prominent and charming. But unfortunately, when you age, you start noticing those fine lines and wrinkles vanishing your youthfulness. The vibrant lip colors that used to look enticing on your lips may not be appearing flattering anymore. Don’t be downhearted! You can get hands-on the amazing options of lipsticks for older women out there to choose from. Just make sure to pick the right color for yourself.
6 Lipsticks for older women
Your age shouldn’t limit your choices. It is an opportunity to explore new products that will suit you in this phase of life. Below we have listed lipsticks that will brighten your look with grace and sophistication.
Age Perfect Luminous Hydrating Lipstick by Loreal Paris
Made especially for aging women, this Loreal Paris lipstick smoothens your dry lips. It is prepared with moisturizing antitoxin and pro-vitamin B5 to keep your mature lips fresh and hydrated. Its brown color shade is perfect for women in their mid-30s and 40s. To get the best results, start the application from the center of your upper lip. Then cover the edges following the contour of your mouth. And finally, roll over the bottom lip. For your ease, you can buy it directly from Amazon and get it delivered to your doorstep within no time!
- It has a nourishing formula.
- The formula contains serum and Pro-vitamin B5.
- It gives a nourished look on dry lips.
- It is available for $8.49
- It is perfect for elderly women.
- It gives you smoother lips.
- It stays hydrated for 9 hours.
- It does not crack.
- Color may look as vibrant as it seems on some skin complexions.
Non-Drying lipstick by Bobbi Brown
Want a creamy and matty texture? Look no further. This non-drying formula by Bobbi Brown on applying will make you feel over the moon. Specifically, its brown shade looks graceful on aged women. It doesn’t look brown completely but gives a mix of pink, brown hues, which looks decent on mature skin. To get a gleaming and glassy look, start the application by following the natural lip lining and cover both the upper and the lower lip.
- It stays for up to 10 hours.
- It is an ultra-flattering wearable color.
- It gives a comfortable feel.
- It is available at Amazon for $36.90.
- It has moisturizing qualities.
- It gives full coverage.
- It applies on smoothly.
- It is on a high-end side which is why costly.
Ceramide Ultra Lipstick in shade Cassis by Elizabeth Arden
Getting younger and fuller lips in your late 30s and early 40s doesn’t seem like an impossible task when you have Elizabeth Arden’s ceramide ultra-lipstick. This lip color gives a shiny and attractive look to your mature lips. With the help of volulip, it conceals the fine lines and fills the cracks of your lips. Furthermore, its high nourishing power makes it perfect for older women and leaves a glistening impact on your lips.
- It contains moisture-enriched pigments.
- It has a long-lasting shine.
- It is available at Amazon for $24.
- It gives soft-young lips.
- It is easy to wear for a long time.
- It defines your lips by giving them a beautiful shape.
- Some women may find it very greasy.
Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting lipstick – Rebellious Rose
Estee lauder’s Rebellious rose shade is perfect for giving mature lips a cream finish. It gives a soft texture to your lips quickly due to its creamy formula. With its multi-faceted pigments, you will achieve beautifully sculpted lips.
- It has a non-drying formula
- It is best suited for dry lips
- It is available for $25
- It is highly pigmented
- It gives an overall soft look
- It feels light on lips
- It lasts up to 8 hours
- Some may find it extra shiny due to the creamy texture.
MAC Amplified Lipstick
Who doesn’t wish to own a MAK lipstick? No matter what your age and complexion is, you will definitely find your soulmate at MAK. Like its foundation, the lipstick gives you a luminous look that surprisingly goes great with your mature skin. It has an ultra-creamy texture that offers full coverage in a single go. It comes in a wide range of soft shades.
- It gives a semi-lustrous finish
- It does not feather into fine lines
- It is available for $33.78
- It is highly pigmented
- It lasts for long
- It comes in both bold and soft colors
- It looks natural on the face
- It may not suit all skin types.
Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick
If you have charlotte Tilbury products, you don’t have to worry about your makeup looks. Its hot lips lipstick looks super adorable on application. As the name suggests, you will feel more confident and sizzling after wearing this lipstick. This soft shade is formulated using antioxidants and orchid extracts. With a square angled tip, it glides precisely on your lips, sculpting them in a beautiful shape.
- It is buildable
- It gives a soft matte finish
- It is available for $34
- It is long wear
- Perfect for older women
- It is cruelty-free
- It is parabens free
- It is gluten-free
- Very expensive.
Every age has its own charm, and with every phase, you have to evolve accordingly. The options might seem limited for older age women, but if you look closer, you will find a new closet of products for yourself. Add these best lipsticks for older women in your makeup closet and cherish this beautiful stage of life.