We all want good and healthy skin. It’s like a desire that’s ingrained in our DNA. But the only way to make your skin flawless is to identify the right products suitable for your skin type that provide the right hydration, moisture and nourishment. It’s quite challenging, to be honest, and painful if put simply. To find the right products, you need to do extensive research about the ingredients, composition, skin type, and whatnot.
We wish to make your life easier and have done the hard part. All you have to do is continue reading this article till the end so you can find the best lotion for dry skin. We are aware that covering all the skin types in just one article would not be possible, so we came up with recommendations for dry skin only.
Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair
Dry, stretched and itchy skin is a problem that people with this skin type are quite familiar with. This skin condition is commonly found among elderly but not limited to them. Our skin loses moisture and becomes dehydrated as we age, which eventually causes inflammation and redness. Therefore, to protect our skin, we need to grab a good moisturizer like Vaseline Intensive Care to lock in the moisture and reduce itchiness as well as inflammation. This is one the best lotions for dry skin, so do give it a try.
- The thick consistency of this lotion makes application easy and smooth
- Seals moisture in your skin
- You can use it anywhere on the body
- Available for $3.49
- It treats dry skin
- Smoothes skin
- Perfect for daily wear
- If mistakenly applied in excess, your face will look greasy
Aveeno Active Natural Skin Relief
If you’re struggling with dryness all over your body, turn to Aveeno Active Natural Relief lotion. This product is for everyday use. It is specially formulated for senior skins and contains rich ingredients like oats to fight skin flakiness.
- It restores skin moisture
- Develops skin molecules that are found in healthy skin.
- Works as an all-over moisturizer
- Available for $12.99
- It provides deep hydration
- It brings back youthful skin
- It might irritate the eyes and skin
Neutrogena Hydro boost
Neutrogena Hydro Boost is an incredible product for dehydrated skin. The gel-cream formula is super hydrating and nourishes skin deeply. Its effect lasts for 48 hours, which is a steal for $19.99.
- Best for senior skins
- It consists of an ultra-hydrating formula
- It helps aging skin and absorbs moisture
- It strengthens skin
- It locks moisture
- Some individuals reported having breakouts a few days after using the product
CeraVe SA Lotion
CeraVe is best Known for its skincare products. Its formula is meant to solve skin woes and the effects get doubled on senior skins. It contains a unique ingredient called ceramides which are found in healthy skins. This particular ingredient tends to restore the natural skin barrier and protects the skin as a whole.
- It fights dullness and dryness
- It helps in exfoliation
- You can apply it to your trouble spots
- Available for $10.79
- It gives a soft touch
- It restores skin
- In rare cases, it causes severe allergic reactions
Skincare is essential because when you start to age, you start developing dry and itchy skin conditions. Sometimes, a regular lotion doesn’t fulfill your needs. Therefore, you need to go for the options we have listed above. Lastly, don’t forget to consider your skin type before jumping to any conclusion.