In this article, we will inform you as to how often to use vitamin c serum for skin care. We will also cover the benefits it has for your skin.
How often to use the serum
Skincare experts recommend that Vitamin C serum should be applied in the morning. You can use the serum twice a day only. Excessive use will affect your skin.
The benefits of vitamin C
- It helps against pollution, free radicals and harmful UV rays
- Vitamin C serum ensures brightness of your skin remains intact
- The cleaning off dead cell process makes it easy for the skin to generate fresh, new elastic cells
- Vitamin C heals the skin, so that the skin produces collagen and elastin. Collagen makes the skin plump and elastin ensures elasticity of the
- It fights aging and repairs damages like scars from acne or stretch marks
- It helps in controlling pigmentation and cures sunspots or blackspots
- It can also be used as a skin whitener
- It counters all kinds of antioxidants
How to apply the Vitamin C serum
To apply Vitamin C serum, you must:
- wash your face well
- use the right toner for your skin
- apply the serum
- apply a moisturizer
- apply an eye cream
- allow all the solutions on your face to dry
- start applying any cosmetics you want
It is important to note that if the serum has turned brownish in color do not use it.
Some people use Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) that helps in exfoliation – the removal of dead cells. The skin becomes sensitive. Both solutions must not be used together, otherwise there can be a lot of irritation or itchiness. If AHA and glycolic acids – (helps to break down accumulation of cells) – are used together then Vitamin C serum is even more unsafe to use.
The same goes for retinol, a substance that counters dark spots, wrinkles and improves the texture of the skin.
You can use Vitamin C serum in the morning and AHA in the evening.
Hyaluronic acid makes the skin plump. First, you must apply Vitamin C serum, then the hyaluronic acid, and finish up with a moisturizer.
Vitamin C serum is a great product because it has many benefits and can also act as a base for other cosmetic products. Remember to use it once or twice a day. It’s an acid and can harm your skin if overused.